The ICA Commission on Education and Training, following a highly successful pre-conference workshop in Beijing, China, 11-12 July 2019 (for more details see CET Beijing workshop report), is looking forward to your participation in the 29th International Cartographic Conference taking place in Tokyo this week. The following sessions and activities are drawn to your attention: we hope for your participation in these events.
A. Conference presentation sessions:
- Wednesday 17 July 08:30-10:20 T07-1 Educational resources, Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
- Wednesday 17 July 10:50-12:10 T07-2 Educational concepts Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
- Wednesday 17 July 14:50-16:10 T07-3 Cartographic topics for wider audiences, Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
- Wednesday 17 July 16:40-18:00 T07-4 Cartographic education supporting specific activities Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
- Thursday 18 July 08:30-10:20 T07-5 Cartographic topics for the classroom Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
- Thursday 18 July 10:50-12:10 T07-6 Educational approaches for cartography Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building
Educational issues form the subject matter of a number of other sessions and papers, and also appear in the poster venues: you are encouraged to support all our colleagues who are presenting on these important topics dealing with education and training.
B. Commission business meeting:
Adding to our busy Wednesday, the Commission’s business meeting is scheduled for 12:10-13:30 in the Venus Room, main Miraikan conference building. Although this will report on the work of the Commission, past and future, I would like the main focus of this business meeting to be on open discussion about the way the Commission, and ICA, goes forward with the development of a Body of Knowledge. Your participation in this meeting would be much appreciated.